Sunday, September 21, 2014

(328) HAPPY ONE YEAR TO ME! HAPPPPPPPY ONNNNNE YEEARRR SEEEES

July 14

Um yeah. One year. ONE YEAR! On Thursday! How does that even happen?? It literally feels like just a couple weeks that we were baking up a storm for my mission farewell and icing out those brasilian flag cookies of death and packing up my bags and putting me on a plane... I feel like I was just puking out my guts in my Mission President's House in New Mexico on my first day in the field last week... hahaha and how on earth have I been here in Brasil for almost 8 months now??  Seriously the time moves so fast and so much has happened...
    Buuuuuuut as for this past week the big news of the week would be the slaughter of Brasil by Germany last Tuesday... one to seven.  It was horrible. hahahaha seriously after the 4th goal everyone was wishing that they would just stop the game and just let them win without putting Brasil through more humiliation... but yeah, we actually ended up having to go home after the first half... thank goodness! hahah 
     Oh and we totally had permission to watch the Final yesterday! But we decided to spend it studying... aren't we righteous?? hahah jk. rowling.
    Um let's see what else... The Bakerys here in Brasil are super fancy.  Um I got the Hobbit postcard that Abby sent me and I loved it!  I'm really happy that y'all finally watched His Grace is Sufficient. See??? I know what I am talking about.
    Oh and speaking of amazing talks that change lives another one that I love is Unleashing the Dormant Spirit.  I can't remember who it is by but it was given at BYU in the 90s I think and it is up there with His Grace is Sufficient.  He talks about how the greatest accomplishment we can have in this life is to be under the complete influence of the Spirit at all times.  And then he gives a couple of tips/advice thingys that him and his family use in their lives to have the spirit more and be better people.  And I am telling you just mastering one of these things would make me 10000x better than I am now.  But I thought that I would start sharing them with you. One every week.  I am currently trying to memorize them all and honestly they are amazing and I am super excited to share them with y'all! So here we go! Week One:
         "Embrace this day with an enthusiastic welcome, no matter how it looks.  The covenant to which you are true enables you to become enlightened by Him, and nothing is impossible for you."
Have a great week y'all! I love you all and can't wait to talk to you next week!
Te Amo.
-Sister Rice

No comments:

Post a Comment