Tuesday, July 1, 2014

(286) Oi Oi Oi!!

June 2, 2014


 How was y'all's weeks?? Mine was great!!! We had a baptism! WHOOOOO! It was so amazing! Leticia!!! She is so wonderful and I am so happy for her!
     And it was super cool. The baptism was this past Saturday, the 31st of May. aka exactly one year since I went through the temple for the first time! It was kind of surreal when I realized that... sitting in a chapel in the middle a baptism in the middle of Brasil... One year ago I had no idea what to expect of my mission and now all of a sudden I am one month away from having a year on the mishh. Sometimes missions are hard (well, really all the time) and sometimes you feel like you really aren´t making a difference in the lives of these people that you love so much.  But sitting there at the baptism of one of my investigators, I remembered sitting in the temple and how hopeful I was for the next 18 months of my life, trying to picture all the people that I would meet and come to love and things that would happen.  And it was a nice reminder that I really am helping here, and not just bumbling around Brasil trying to speak português, but really helping. =]
       We also had Zone Conference this past week! It´s the last Zone Conference with President and Sister Tanner! They´re leaving the end of this month and I know that we are all going to miss them so much! They have been so wonderful and have helped me so much! And I really am going to miss them, but I know that President and Sister Broadbent are called of God for this mission and that I will love them just as much! They sent a video to President and Sister Tanner for them to show to us, just talking and to let us get to see them! And it was really cool! They are going to do great here!
       But um yeah... i have a bunch of other things to write from this week and last week that I didnt write but I´m almost out of time! I love you all so much! Thank you so much for all the prayers! Have a good week ok? =] Talk to ya next week!

-Sister Rice

No comments:

Post a Comment