Monday, June 30, 2014

(237) General Conference Weekend!


April 7, 2014

     There was SO MUCH that happened this week! We moved in with the Bosque Sisters (aka Sister Cozzens and her awesome Canadian Comp Sister Rodrigues) cuz our house is infected with bugs and getting exterminated today. We started our official English Class Wednesday and people actually showed up! I also had my first allergic reaction Saturday night! Don´t worry it was nothing serious. A bug just bit me and I guess I´m allergic to it or to whatever it had in it and I ended up with Hives all up and down my arms... Or maybe they weren´t hives... I have no idea what hives are if I´m being honest (I know nothing about allergies) but they just looked and itched like a bunch of misquito bites all over. I had at least a hundred, a hundred and fifty on each leg starting at my knee and going up and down my thighs and calves and all over my arms... Don´t worry though. Sister Cozzens and Dabelko took great care of me using her weird essential oil thingys... hahah And I am now itch free! hahah
    BUUUUUUUUUT! The big thing this past week was obviously Conference!!! It was wonderful! And did you guys hear?!?! President Tanner is going to be the 1st Counselor in the General Sunday School Presidency! Their mission ends this July and he´s starting up then! We were all so excited and cheered and everything when we heard! haha
    But yeah, Conference was so amazing! I have 32 pages of notes... mind you it was a small notebook but still... 32!! hahah I´m gonna try and share some of my favorite parts with you guys. I want to expound on all of them but there are so many so I´m probably just gonna list them all out for you guys! Enjoy!
Jeffery R. Holland: "Jesus is not a comfortable God" "Talk about man making God in his own image" (in reference to how Christ and Heavenly Father demand sacrifices of us to help us grow, and that if we are comfortable we are not growing or becoming closer to them)
Richard G. Scott: "He (Christ) can do more with our lives than we could ever do on our own."
Robert D. Hales: "When we obey, we accept His sacrifice."  "Claiming to love God while picking and choosing which commandmentswe will follow is NOT obedience OR love."
Dieter F. Uchtdorf: "We all experience times when the very fabric of our lives tear at the seams" "Because we are made of the stuff of eternity, endings are not part of our destiny. They are merely pauses, small interruptions. In this plan there are no endings, only eternal beginnings."
Jean A. Stevens: She quoted C.S. Lewis and I loved it. "I pray because I can´t help myself. I pray because the need flows out of me, waking and sleeping. It doesn´t change God. It changes me." She also said "The Gospel of Jesus Christ is not weight. It is wings. We choose if we are carried."
David A. Bednar: "Making and keeping sacred covenants yokes us to the Savior and together we press forward" "The Lord strengthens us. He does not remove the burden." "His atonement allows us to do good and be better than our natural capacities or even desires."
L. Tom Perry: "We must be willing to completely alter our course." "We must teach our spirits and our bodies to work together."
Marcos A. Aidukaitis: "One should not run through garbage."
D. Todd Christofferson: "Christ´s victory over death ended the Human Predicament. Now there are only Personal Predicaments." "Because He was ressurrected Jesus was no mere mortal, He had to have been a God. Therefore what He taught has to be true, for God cannot lie."

Sorry this is so long but Conference was just so good! If you missed it go online and watch or read it now! It was AMAZING! And even if you didn´t miss it, go online and watch or read the talks! I am so grateful to live in a time the has a living prophet and apostles! AHHHH! It´s so amazing!! =D
  I love all of you guys and am so grateful for the support and love that I feel from you! Have a fabulous week!!! =D

-Sister Rice

No comments:

Post a Comment