Tuesday, December 10, 2013

(123) SO BRAZIL!

I am in Brazil yáll! Freaking Brazil! I have a Brazilian companion, Sister Viana, who only speaks portugues! I have no idea what is going on at all times and I never have any idea where I am, or who anybody is... hahah pretty much I walk when Sister Viana walks, and stops when she stops and testify of what I think we might be talking about in broken horrendous portugues when she stops in the middle of a lesson and looks at me...  It´s the hardest thing I have ever had to do in my life... But it is getting better. Honestly, in just a week I see improvement. I am understanding people more and I can walk faster and I´m not playing nearly as many movies in my head anymore... =] hahah No but honestly Sao Paulo is so different! It´s crazy! I can´t believe the thing I was worried about the most was flying here over actually being here! The flying was a breeze! The hardest part was trying to ignore all the movies everybody around me were watching... The guy next to me was watching World War Z and the people in front of me were watching Monsters University and they had the Great Gatsby! The Great Gatsby! and Midnight in Paris and pretty much every movie I have ever loved... the worst. 
     No but seriously Sao Paulo. Goodness. How do I even begin to describe this city...?? It is crazy. the first thing you notice riding from the airport is the driving. I now understand 100% why the missionaries down here do not drive. We would all be dead in seconds. Seriously, this is some of the craziest driving I have ever seen in my life, and I lived in Utah for 2 years... =] I think I´ve seen a total of like 10 stop signs here and pretty sure I have never seen anybody use them.  Pretty much if your car fits, you go. Doesn´t matter how many cars the road was originally made for.  I have almost gotten run over by many a car and bus.  And ohmygosh! The buses here in Sao Paulo are just as bad! I have never experienced something more terrifying than zooming through Sao Paulo, up and down these ginoremous hills at like 80 miles an hour in heavy traffic... you think I am exaggerating. and the hills here are killer. It´s like this group of people saw a mountian range and thought to themselves, hey let´s build the 5th largest city in the world right on top of that! yeah that sounds like a good idea... ughhh seriously...
But I am out of time. I didn´t even really get to any of the good stuff and have so much more to tell you guys but it´ll just have to wait until next week! I love all of you! Thank you so much for your support and love and prayers! I can feel them all. Sorry this is so short! Talk to yall next week!

-Sister Rice

No comments:

Post a Comment